Every day, operations managers balance a multitude of people, processes and technologies. It’s a complex role, requiring you to liaise between clinicians and patients, while overseeing the running of your healthcare facility, managing the financial well-being of your facility, implementing policies, and managing medical and non-medical staff.
But every operations manager works with one primary goal in mind - to provide the highest possible standard of patient care.
In order to achieve this goal, you have to provide your healthcare professionals with the right tools to boost their productivity, provide more clinical services with less administrative support, and keep hospital re-admissions to a minimum, all while keeping costs down.
So, how can you achieve this? There’s no one answer – but a different approach to your clinical documentation processes could help significantly.
The need for medical dictation
To improve the well-being and health of their patients, clinicians need the right information at the point of care. This can be very difficult to achieve because clinicians must navigate many different appointments, tests, scans and diagnoses before they can reach a conclusion.
All of this information is drawn together in the patient’s medical record, where every interaction is recorded so a complete clinical picture is available. When a clinician wants to add to this information, they often use dictation, where they speak into a device, and send that audio to a transcriptionist who then types it into a document, which is checked and eventually added to the patient’s medical record.
Thanks to dictation, all the effort associated with formatting, editing and typing up these notes is taken away from the clinician. They only need to produce the initial dictation file.
But you could drive further efficiencies by digitising this process. Such services allow the rapid dictation in clinic to be securely and seamlessly delivered to the clinician, reducing your overall reliance on paper-based workflows and increasing the productivity of your teams.
Introducing dictation software for medical professionals
Old-fashioned analogue tape recorders are highly inefficient, suffering from tape breakages, lack of backup opportunities, missing tapes, and diminishing tape quality due to increased wear and tear. It is also difficult to prioritise and share workloads between administrators using this out-of-date system.
As a result, it is impossible to accurately predict the timescales and status of your document production workflows, which can lead to significant delays in patient care and loss of reputation for clinicians.
This is where digital dictation can help, providing your clinics with the ultimate solution for greater efficiency in the workplace. By bringing digital dictation into your healthcare practices, you and your clinicians can more effectively manage your time and workloads.
Our T-Pro solution is a versatile digital dictation solution, which also comes with speech recognition and other clinical correspondence features. As a result, you can replace your tape and paper-based systems across your medical dictation, transmission, and transcription workflows.
Your clinicians and administrators can operate our workflow management solution from an easy-to-use interface, which allows them to record, transcribe, review and sign off these dictations. The solution has been developed by and for clinicians, putting security, usability and organisational efficiency at the heart of the platform. What’s more, they can also take advantage of T-Pro’s additional services, including speech recognition, smartphone-based dictation, and outsourced transcription.
By adopting the T-Pro Dictate platform, clinicians are free from their desks, and operations managers can boost the productivity of their clinics, realise demonstrable cost savings, and improve their clinical correspondence workflow KPIs.
The benefits of T-Pro Dictate
While a range of dictation software for medical professionals exists, our solution brings the following benefits:
- Flexible Dictation Solution: The T-Pro Dictate platform allows clinicians to create, review, edit and approve documents on the go and at the point of care. This cloud-based mobile is easy to set up and use, with no expensive infrastructure deployments or software installations. You can also dictate using your choice of device.
- Speech Recognition: The T-Pro Dictate platform gives users access to a single unified voice profile, which can be used during back-end or real-time speech recognition tasks.
- Integrated Patient Data: Our platform can be integrated with a range of systems including EPR, HIS, PACS, PAS and RIS. Users can also pre-populate their existing templates with patient data, saving time. What’s more, users can access daily worklists to easily identify patients, reducing risk.
- Clinical Coding: Users can build workflows using computer-assisted coding, which captures structured terminology (including SNOMED-CT, ICD-10, and so on) from the narratives of your patients.
- Digital Sign off: Users can capture clinician signatures electronically. The T-Pro Dictate platform also delivers a full, digital audit trail.
- Integrated solution: You can integrate T-Pro Dictate with your existing healthcare ecosystem. It relies on standard interfaces to receive and send data, including HL7 2.x, FIHR and XML, empowering clinicians with the right information at the right time.
If you are still using an old-fashioned tape recorder, you may be doing yourself and your practice a disservice. The T-Pro Dictate platform provides operations managers with a cost-effective and feature-rich tool to digitise and optimise your workflows. If you would like to find out more, please click here.